What a mess 2

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockdoc

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Well you all said it, take a few days out and get back in. This evening I went off to the other part of my apiary where this years swarms are hived. All four are in great shape for the winter with good stores and 4-5 frames of BIAS. All the queens look good and temperament was calm. As text book as beekeeping gets. It was a very enjoyable evening. Just got to sort out the three that gave me grief and prompted the first part of this thread.
By the way, has anyone tried using cut up chunks of those saddle fungi that grow on the side of tree trunks? I've used the small cannonball type which smoulder well with a cool smoke.

Do love a happy ending!

Hope they're not 'magic' mushrooms, that would be interesting...

By the way, has anyone tried using cut up chunks of those saddle fungi that grow on the side of tree trunks? I've used the small cannonball type which smoulder well with a cool smoke.

I've used the black birch polypore after Finman said it was good. Good cool smoke. I didn't like the smell of it. I even liked the smell less than shredded cardboard.

Hi Rockdoc,
Shame it was not a Chicken of the Woods mushroom. You could have had it for your supper.

Latest posts

Back