What’s this?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FidoDido

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
A patch/blob of something on the landing board. It was thicker than it looks in the pic and the bees were crowding round it and seeming to eat it.

There are no trees or plants above the hive for it to have dropped from.7459BB30-3866-4DBC-BC26-4C62675A8BED.png

... thicker than it looks in the pic and the bees were crowding round it and seeming to eat it. ...
Have you undertaken a full inspection lately where frames were pulled out and observed above the hive?

Recently during my inspections at times immature and mature honey has dribbled out of frames when inspecting coating the top-bars and front of the hive (and sometimes the front of my bee suit).

The bees will drop what they are doing and go drink-up the honey.

Have you undertaken a full inspection lately where frames were pulled out and observed above the hive?

Recently during my inspections at times immature and mature honey has dribbled out of frames when inspecting coating the top-bars and front of the hive (and sometimes the front of my bee suit).

The bees will drop what they are doing and go drink-up the honey.
No they’ve only been in there since last Thursday so I haven’t been in yet.

Who knows ? Bees will mop up any sugary substance they find ...if you have not spilt anything then the source will probably remain unknown ... I would not worry too much about it ..Bees do what bees do ...

Latest posts

Back