West Sussex Bee Auction catalogue

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpearce4

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
a few more than last year but still not enough
The catalogue for next weekends auction at brinsbury college is now available on the west sussex beekeepers page if anyone is interested.

looks like its smaller than last years. although there are 14 lots of bees on it.

What time do you think the bees will be sold ?

On their website it says auction starts 1pm

if like last year the bees will be about 2pm. it is well worth going along before the sale starts as they do a full inspection on them for people interested in purchasing (weather dependant). Forcast for saturday is sunshine and showers down here.

From past experience do you think there are likely to be any late 'lots'?

They always have late lots but they will put a cap on them if they get over a certain amount. We don't all want to be hanging around until 7/8/9pm!

Edit: the list will be updated a few more times before Saturday too so keep checking it. Also print the list on the morning of the auction and take it with you otherwise you have to pay for a printed list there. Suggest marking it up beforehand too otherwise it gets confusing what you are after.

I never bother bidding for anything early on because the price is pushed up too high by over enthusiastic bidders. I wait until people start getting bored and are thinking about going home.

Last edited:
West Sussex Bee Auction

I was there today.

305648_10150644216991666_598506665_9452694_1622842666_n.jpg

Nowhere near as busy as last year and the quality was less IMHO. They finally moved the Auction to the main field which made it a bit easier but no segregation of buyers so it was all a bit confused with people walking over equipment etc. One of the stewards said they were going to have ropes as barriers but that didn't happen.
Many items went for high prices - often cheaper to buy new at the Paynes stall inside than second hand outside. 4 or 5 bee lots were withdrawn and a WBC with no bees or frames sold for £300+ !!!!

R2

i know £300 for a empty WBC !! and no one wanted to pay £160 for a national colony but they did pay £200 for a 5 frame nat nuc !!

Latest posts

Back