wee wasp story!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20+
took an hour off work today to go watch my bees flying,all okay and loads of pollen coming in,i was sitting along the ditch watching the bees and thinking about wasps and when will i start seeing them.
Anyway i driv home and had my window half down,just as i stopped the car at home a wasp flew into the bottom half of my window then bouched off and flew straight into the car, after a short struggle i killed her.......silly story i know but is it early for wasps and she was a queen i take it??

Hi BLD
As it's been mild recently I have also had queen wasps emerging from my attic for a few weeks now.
I'm sure yours was a queen as it's too early for her offspring to be about.
Cazza

Hi BLD. I was dusting behind a bookcase yesterday ( doesn't happen often:angelsad2:) and disturbed a q wasp - reckon that's what yours was.

And I hoiked one out of frames in the revamped out apiary store. She didnt suffer....:angelsad2:

One manifested herself in my study this morning - I heard a buzzing noise and thought it was my hard-drive playing up :eek:

She's joined Heather's little friend in the great wasp-nest in the sky
:cheers2:

I'm expecting their bigger cousins the Asian Hornets to start appearing soon - Traps are all deployed. The bee mags over here have been running articles on trapping, nest finding and life cycle of the said beastie for weeks. Their very rapid spread has a lot of beekeepers alost paranoid:sifone:

Found a queen wasp hiding in a curtain...
Despatched her Jonah style- with the toilet as the whale...

Ben P

Latest posts

Back