Wedges for Restacking Nationals

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mannky

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I was just wondering what other members use as wedges or methods they have for restacking boxes.

I have just got some window wedges but I have not got round to trying them yet.

At the moment I tend to put the box on at 45 degrees and slowly push it round but everything tends to move out of kilter so you have to keep wriggling back and forth until its all lined up taking care not to put your hands on displaced bees.

Even doing this operation I tend not to smoke the bees I have got at the moment as it seems to upset them more it depends how many have risen to the sides of the box.

I have not used wedges but I know they teach the use at Twickenham and I think they can be a good help to people.

I do carry a couple in my box as you just never know when one can be handy.

Its funny but I cut dozens at times during the day job and often think I should re distribute them.

If you are passing by mannky as I am not far from you and you are welcome to drop in and help yourself.

Thanks Mr Bick I may well take you up on that. It will be nice to meet you. Fascinating the idea of uncovering a regional bee keeping practice! :)

Yes you are very welcome mannky I have sent you the address

Latest posts

Back