web sites

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this techno web building thingy stuff is hard work, first i had to spend 25 pence buying an ex library book on flash. and the i spend most of the blooming day trying to rewrite the flippin thing. its looking greaty untill i leave and then come back to it, then i find 600 grammer and spelling mistakes i have to sort out and the whole thing reads wrong.

forget this for a laugh i would rather plaster walls its easier to do, even with my eyes closed

HP - would advise steering clear of Flash if you are initially concerned on building a website - learn to walk etc..... Flash is for graphic developers and is not necessary to make a good website. It will only serve to confuse further and your chosen website development package may not even support it.

Then you begin to realise why large companies employ programmers - well they did - full time.

It's dead simple, until you get started.

I'd really like to learn flash programming/design. Then may be create graphical and text programmes like mini RPG's and animation.

Any recommendations? :cheers2:

great so i have spent a whole 25 pence on a book i dont need. see how complicated these computer thingys are

Psssst.... Pete, I may know of somewhere you can offload that book

lol, but you might be right, these £25 pound books are hard to get hold of ha ha ha

what do we recon a small increase in price say £2.50 to friends ha ha ha

i suppose it would be a lot easier next time but when i look at some screens i just cant see where the buttons are or why it wont do as i tell it to. and as for the nick names and words you lot use, no wonder people like me think its all witchcraft

You might like to hold on to the Flash book in case it is of use later .... but agree, start with the basics. Flash allows a user to add moving bits and pieces and some interactivity. A good website relies on the information being organised clearly with the audience in mind and does not need lots of animation which can detract from the main message.
However, a good pertinent bit of flash can be useful once the website has all the functional bits it needs. It is easy enough to either find a royalty free bit of flash or perhaps ask someone to create it and then let you have it. I'd be quite happy to use my software to create something if it was not too ambitious and to pass it on for free (once the Flash has been created it can just be placed in a website much as a digital photo).
Tricia

Latest posts

Back