weather

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The forcast for tomorrow, will be whatever weather we had today.

Just watch the TV forcasts and you'll see I'm right more often than wrong.

My two pence worth.

My old job was logistics at sea, and whilst the very expensive twice daily forecast was of great importance we planned around it more than on it. Working on that basis we got on pretty well all in all.

If you remember that we have a maritime climate,though not just one, we have numerous micro climates adjacent to each other, and that our principle weather systems come across the Atlantic from North America, keep an eye on what happens in eastern Canada and you might find out what is likely to happen.

"A forecast is not a promise, it is a forecast."

PH

Average temp in London
image004.gif
Nice graph Finman. What's the source of the graph?

You belive what you want

This rain radar is very usefull. I may look from mobile when the rain is coming.
I have looked many times that is it good to go open hives. I will se that rain is coming durins 2 hours. It means too that bees will not like me then.

http://en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi/rain-and-cloudiness

I will believe what I want if the met no longer gives long range forecasts because they can not get them right and the longest they give is 5 days then a man in the 1700 was as good without computers

weather productions. can anyone recommend some good sites for the long range weather forecast....... are we done with the cold, and just expecting wet weather now?

Metcheck,from the 13th of march until the 20th,for the SW, non stop snow,temperatures -9 at night time,-2 by day....wonder how accurate this lot are.

Dont say that Pete, im still on a high. !!!

i use a timex tx6470 find its great inside temp and a wireless senser gives me outside tell u if getting full moon sunset time humidity ect ect not cheap but do work ,,,its hit 13c in cold northumberland today yippy

I will believe what I want if the met no longer gives long range forecasts because they can not get them right and the longest they give is 5 days then a man in the 1700 was as good without computers

Yep, and before that he knew what day it is.

stonehenge-wallpaper-1.jpg

UK Rain radar, then http://www.wetterzentrale.de/ for Europe, and listen to the actuals on the Shipping Forecast, not the wx forecast itself, and work it out for myself. If in doubt and you know the wind direction you can phone any UK airfield that you're downwind of and find out their actual and then do a rough calc miles over windspeed, to see when it'll reach you.
As for long-range, forget it, the Met Office for years had about the biggest computing power in the UK and still couldn't get it anywhere near right. Even the farmers get it wrong nowadays, suspect we've lost all our original skills. (Except for dowsing).

For the south west i predict:

Wide spread frost Sunday night to Monday morning.

Monday will start of frosty temp around 3 to 5 and foggy in the lowlands. Still but cold and bright by lunch. Cloud will come in from the north east bringing very cold light winds wich will pick up as the night comes.

Tuesday will be cold and rainy and windy. Max temp around 5 to 7 degrees C which will continue for most of the day.

dr stitson

I'm intrigued......where is "etc" with 17C and a foot of snow - somewhere in the Alps?

It's all boll***s. I have one apiary quite close to another, (within a mile) yet they have two different weather climates. I think the term is micro-climates and as far as I can see you just have to search around and sus them out. Not being too gend up on the science I presume you have to use local knowledge and plant proliferation to make the decision on where to site.

i use a timex tx6470 find its great inside temp and a wireless senser gives me outside tell u if getting full moon sunset time humidity ect ect not cheap but do work ,,,its hit 13c in cold northumberland today yippy

It didnt even get up to 5c in cold Co. Durham today

Latest posts

Back