We have ignition

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erichalfbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
November the first and the Rayburn is lit :)
:party:
Toasty kitchen again and I have ordered one of those pulley airers to hang over it........Oh happy days !
( I know.....I should get out more......but it's soooooooowarm now)

You must be a hardy soul, Erichalfbee - our woodburner has been lit each evening for a week or two!

It's got so cold and damp I'd be happy on a spit in front of it with the door open :)
Now.....back to shopping :):):)

Can't imagine life without the Aga.

'Er indoors, unable to sleep on a cold winters night, has been known to sit in front of it, bottom oven door open, feet inside in oven mitts.

But try as I might, I couldn't find two psychs to certify it as abnormal.

Dusty.

SWMBO is always complaining her ears are cold - I wonder if I can convince
her to sleep with her head inside the oven (should be OK as long as I turn the gas on and not press the ignite button shouln't it? don't want her hair catching fire)

We've recently purchased an airer from fleapay that sits on top of the Rayburn above the covers. It does a good job of airing/drying clothes etc. but gets in the way of cooking. Also the plastic feet don't like Rayburn temp's when the wind is the right direction, the solution is 4 mince pie foil dishes from Lidl, the mince pies were rubbish by the way.

Tim bee-smillie

We've recently purchased an airer from fleapay that sits on top of the Rayburn above the covers. It does a good job of airing/drying clothes etc. but gets in the way of cooking. Also the plastic feet don't like Rayburn temp's when the wind is the right direction, the solution is 4 mince pie foil dishes from Lidl, the mince pies were rubbish by the way.

Tim bee-smillie

Don't dry ANYTHING over cooking....yuk smelly
Wait till you've finished and dry overnight. Works a treat.
I used to dry stuff on an airer ON the floor but acquiring a puppy put paid to that.

That looks lovely Oscarmonster. Although on a very small scale I love it when I have to light the solid fuel stove especially when the heat is all free.

Latest posts

Back