WBC Corner brackets

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayz_x

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi there. Does anyone know a source of the small 'L' brackets used to reinforce the corners of a WBC lift?
I guess they may be available from a hardware supplier somewhere but cannot find the right size.
Thank you

Ray

Hi there. Does anyone know a source of the small 'L' brackets used to reinforce the corners of a WBC lift?
I guess they may be available from a hardware supplier somewhere but cannot find the right size.
Thank you

Ray

There aren't any in my original wbc hive. Its tightly jointed and completely rigid.

Ditto - just went and checked my spare - no brackets? Is yours a home-made or supplier made hive??

Thank you for replies.

I bought two WBCs including 10 lifts second-hand, intending to make one good hive from them. We have Nationals but I wanted to run a WBC out of curiosity and for something that looks good in the garden. Following the last few days, which resulted in water seeping between the National boxes I am thinking the design of the WBC a much better thing for winter.
Most of the lifts have got small 'L' plates on the corners - not inside or outside of the lift but on the edge of the boards. I have seen them on hives owned by others. The arms of the plate are only about 10mm wide, ends are round and the metal is quite thin. I guessed they were purpose made for the job but no longer available.

Ray

Latest posts

Back