Waspbane not working (Karol SOS!)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brigsy

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Hi there,

I bought and filled a waspbane a few months ago using the formula in the youtube video recommended. I have had it around the apiary upwind for a while, just a somewhere to keep it really.

Now my apiary is being investigated by quite a few low flying wasps, counted about 15 around today, particularly by my now weakest hive. They are defending so far, the wasps are catching a few bees and making attempts to get in the reduced entrance.

BUT, I have now placed it on the ground in front of this hive as per instructions. I have caught zero wasps to date. Just slugs.

Any ideas?

Hi there,

I bought and filled a waspbane a few months ago using the formula in the youtube video recommended. I have had it around the apiary upwind for a while, just a somewhere to keep it really.

Now my apiary is being investigated by quite a few low flying wasps, counted about 15 around today, particularly by my now weakest hive. They are defending so far, the wasps are catching a few bees and making attempts to get in the reduced entrance.

BUT, I have now placed it on the ground in front of this hive as per instructions. I have caught zero wasps to date. Just slugs.

Any ideas?

Sorry Brigsy but forum rules prevent me from answering on the open forum. I will however pm you.

that's a shame karol.

I'm sure others have had the same problems at sometime and would have been helped by any posts you make about the process.

I use one of these and it is very effective, I had wasps raiding one of my hives a couple of days ago, I reduced the entrance and hung one of these a few feet away with some jam and water, loads of dead wasps in it already.

that's a shame karol.

I'm sure others have had the same problems at sometime and would have been helped by any posts you make about the process.

I think the forum rules are spot on and I don't want to over stay my welcome. Happily provide advice in private space.

I have had it around the apiary upwind for a while

Any ideas?

From memory, isn't it supposed to be placed downwind of the apiary ?

Theory being that scent trails carried on prevailing wind are intercepted by wasps that follow up the scent trail finding the trap first ?

That's what I meant, got the wrong word thanks!

Latest posts

Back