Wasp Nests And???

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My all time favourite thread! I learn about horrible wasps, and a bit of intrigue too :)

Previous years nests will never be re-used. Dont worry about them.

That's true........but it doesn't stop them building adjacent. I have had wasps under the eaves somewhere four years in a row. Can't ever locate the nest, just see them emerging from the same place as the previous year, so we leave them alone.

Update.
I had a chat with our neighbours, the Van Cutsem’s, well, the estate managers. They told me that there was a Saxon settlement in that particular field and that back in the 60’s there was some sort of archeological dig.
From I what I understand, they found a Saxon grave containing a gold torc and other items...
Does anyone have a metal detector....lol

Brian

Update.
I had a chat with our neighbours, the Van Cutsem’s, well, the estate managers. They told me that there was a Saxon settlement in that particular field and that back in the 60’s there was some sort of archeological dig.
From I what I understand, they found a Saxon grave containing a gold torc and other items...

Brian

And so the plot thickens...

Ben P

Update.

Brian

I've got one!

Latest posts

Back