• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - National Nucleus Hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Woods

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Looking for a cheap or cheaper National Nucleus hive (without bees)

Look on b**4b**s £35 plus p&p looks a nice nuc with a open mesh floor and no i'm not the seller.
I make my own but there all being used at the moment so I don't have any for sell, perhaps next year if I can get some made up over winter months

Ed, I have an old one I brought 2nd hand for a tenner, its housed 2 swarms that have gone on to brood boxes and then united. If you want one in a hurry you borrow it for the winter as I now have 2 nice new 14 x 12s for next spring ;)

Many thanks for emails and pms :)

Have a selection to consider now :)

Bespoke Cedar Nuc

I now know a chap in Stratford, keeps Buckfasts and makes hives as a buisiness,(cedar and deal). He is making me a nuc (cedar, 5 frame),that will convert from DN to 14X12.
The idea being that I could raise/overwinter a small colony in the national and use the 14X12 next year for swarms. Going to cost me @£40-50, but I think a plain national nuc comes in @£30. They are good quality, just have to assemble them. ;)

Only wish I'd known he was there when I got started (paid £90 for one nuc from Th**nes)! :eek:

Problem would be postage!:blush5:

Back