Wanted mentor in dorset

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dorset is quite big, it might be an idea to say roughly where - north/south etc.

As she is looking for equipment in Dorset/Exmouth I would guess south westish.

Good Luck! I asked for a mentor for a youngster interested last year (she lived in Blandford too) and no replies were forthcoming...hope you are luckier.

Hi,
i'm really sorry that I haven't logged on for an absolute age and , as the sun has finally come out today, my thoughts are finally turning towards the bees. I don't know if I am maybe too far from you, and hopefully you have already found someone to help out a bit closer, but i am willing to mentor you ( to a certain extent; my friend that I have been mentoring for the last 2 years said that she was learning from my mistakes; but; whatever works.....!) i live in Piddlehinton and have 1 hive in a field behind the garden at the mo and 6 out nr bere Regis. I have been beekeeping for around 6 years. I do have the house on the market so there is a possibility that I may move sometime this year, but these things usually take some time, so if I can help in any way in the mean time , I would love to.
I would, however, highly recommend a course of some sort before embarking on any beekeeping; just so that you learn the basics and what the bees should do ( although, as any beekeeper will tell you; they rarely do what the books say anyway, and as soon as you start off with a colony of bees, the learning really begins; but that's part of the joy of the craft!) West Dorset beekeepers have, in the past, run very good courses, which are excellent value.
I hope that helps
Gill

Latest posts

Back