viewing windows

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I will be buying my first hive soon and was wondering, is it worth paying extra for brood boxes and supers with viewing windows in them? Or do they soon get mucked up and unable to see into them.

I would say don't waste your money on such fads - although a clear polycarbonate crown board would be a good investment - it helps the new beekeeper to resist the temptation to open up every five minutes to look at his/her new bees :D.

I would say don't waste your money on such fads - although a clear polycarbonate crown board would be a good investment - it helps the new beekeeper to resist the temptation to open up every five minutes to look at his/her new bees :D.

If you are on bottom bee space make sure you get a clear quilt with a bee space (9mm) above it, to be above the frames as it were, or the bees will stick the whole cover down with propolis and will not be able to crawl around under it, and totally amaze you with their bee acrobatics, dances etc etc !!!

Have fun

James

Latest posts

Back