Vertical or horizontal wiring on medium super frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBG

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Polystyrene & lots more next year again hopefully
Any one any ideas what is the best to use, the 6 vertical wires or two horizontal and let the bees wax to the top and bottom.

Thanks in anticipation

I've used both and there is not much to choose - except the two horizontal wires are quicker to do and the six vertical ones can put a bit of a bend in the bottom bar, although it isn't a problem. Both systems work but the frames I had which took 2 horizontal wires also had grooves in the top and bottom bars The top and bottom of the foundation was thus located firmly but if the grooves were missing it wouldn't be a big issue I think, providing the foundation was flat.

I've used both and there is not much to choose - except the two horizontal wires are quicker to do and the six vertical ones can put a bit of a bend in the bottom bar, although it isn't a problem. Both systems work but the frames I had which took 2 horizontal wires also had grooves in the top and bottom bars The top and bottom of the foundation was thus located firmly but if the grooves were missing it wouldn't be a big issue I think, providing the foundation was flat.

OK, many thanks for that, decision made on two horizontal as that's what's arrived not the 6 verticals

Latest posts

Back