Varroa treatment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnyuno999

New Bee
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to keeping bees & have got a bit behind due to work commitments. I haven't treated my bees & im wondering if I should still do so or whether I should leave it now ?
Any advice greatly appreciated.

I’ve just taken my Apivar strips out after 6 weeks as per manufacturer’s instructions. They still exude a strong smell so could They still be viable next year if I froze them

I'm still stripping boxes & putting strips in (Apistan this year).
I felt a change was in order as have used an Amitraz based product for many years.

I’ve just taken my Apivar strips out after 6 weeks as per manufacturer’s instructions. They still exude a strong smell so could They still be viable next year if I froze them
For me it wouldn't be worth the risk that the miticide might have reduced efficacy.

For me it wouldn't be worth the risk that the miticide might have reduced efficacy.
Yes i thought so too but asked the question because sometimes the manufacturers recommendations are stretched and hacked by experienced users.
I intend to OA vape later in December and January.

Latest posts

Back