Using Sheep’s Wool As Insulation

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a photograph here actually, taken not too far from Brynmair, a sheep gathering and dipping, probably around the start of the last century, as you say, even back then it was mandatory and you had the local police present to ensure it was done properly
View attachment 39325

I was watching a farming programme on S4C a few weeks ago - following some lads just over the mountain who now have a mobile sheep dip and dipping service, so no need even any more to have a ffald and sheep dip on your farm, they just roll up on to your farmyard and the sheep are just guided from the stockyard up onto the trailer and off the other side.
Which one is you?

I have a photograph here actually, taken not too far from Brynmair, a sheep gathering and dipping, probably around the start of the last century, as you say, even back then it was mandatory and you had the local police present to ensure it was done properly

Jumpers for goalposts...

My childhood home in Glangrwyney was next to a large area of pasture and a yard (not really a farm as there wasn't a house on it) where an old chap called Amos who must have been born some time prior to WWI finished lambs before they went to market. Pre-teen me used to "help out" occasionally and I recall herding sheep through his dip. I don't recall any "officialdom" attending though. They'd probably never have found the place even if they had wanted to turn up.

James

I obviously have far too much wool. Now that the roofs are done, any benefit to insulating the void below a UFE?

I obviously have far too much wool. Now that the roofs are done, any benefit to insulating the void below a UFE?
You could put a little bit out for the birds to line their nests with. Just tuck it into shrubs and they will find it

Latest posts

Back