Uses for gaffa tape.

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Curly green fingers

I was just wondering if anyone else uses gaffa tape like this or similar.

I was just wondering if anyone else uses gaffa tape like this or similar.
Here is a few photos..
bdb04f51d320c8a93e5de5141a156b81.jpg
c65609928c24f3434e11fe2f189571d3.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 1 using Tapatalk

Having read your first post and then scrolled down i was relieved to see a picture of a hive and not the mrs.....................................

I was told you only ever need two tools in a tool kit! If it moves use gaffer tape.... if it doesn't use WD 40!!!

Here is a few photos..
bdb04f51d320c8a93e5de5141a156b81.jpg
c65609928c24f3434e11fe2f189571d3.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 1 using Tapatalk

Yep, put national supers on MD hives, MD supers on Langs, Lang supers on MD hives. Taped up roofs, hands, suits, hives for sublimox, mini plus........ Pretty much anything.... Don't go anywhere without it.

Great for taping gloves to jacket, wellies to trousers - when about to tackle really horrible hives..

Also temporary repairs to jeans/clothes/perspex crownboards/etc.

Coated with Araldite (Plastic Metal is even better) and rolled round a broken handle makes a good repair for tools..

Holds hives together when moving them - especially in cars with bees in them........

Depth guage on drill bits when driling holes to a given depth.

Attach bird boxes to trees..

Get an old super, fix queen excluder to the bottom and put duct tape around the top of the super. Use as a queen shaker box to help find queen(s) from a single hive.

Yep, done that, always have a roll of Gaffa tape in my kit. Best repair to date is a cut to my leg done with an electric plane, medical steri strips would not hold the skin together but Gaffa tape to the rescue

Latest posts

Back