Used child size bee suits?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katybravery

New Bee
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I might be able to source some free, or at least affordable / second hand kiddie-sized (age 7-11) bee suits? It’s for my local primary school: the estimable head teacher wants his kids to know more about bees - wild and cultivated- and a local beek has offered sessions at her nearby hives. But of course, no one has suits and no funds to buy new ones…

Does anyone know where I might be able to source some free, or at least affordable / second hand kiddie-sized (age 7-11) bee suits? It’s for my local primary school: the estimable head teacher wants his kids to know more about bees - wild and cultivated- and a local beek has offered sessions at her nearby hives. But of course, no one has suits and no funds to buy new ones…
Hi, I got our grandkids a bee suit each from STB closing down sale, great value at £2 each. Worth a look to see if they have any left.

Hi, I got our grandkids a bee suit each from STB closing down sale, great value at £2 each. Worth a look to see if they have any left.
I did - but they weren’t £2! Gosh that’s amazing. Thanks.

Is there a fabric source equivalent of skip-dipping?
Its a glorified pair of overalls after all.
If you know someone with a charitable powered sewing machine..........

Or buy child's zip front overalls with the cuffs and heels elasticated and a cheap veil-hat off ebay.
They can then just turn up with wellies and Marigolds.
They can optionally buy the kit off you afterwards to seed the next enterprise.

Is there a fabric source equivalent of skip-dipping?
Its a glorified pair of overalls after all.
If you know someone with a charitable powered sewing machine..........

Or buy child's zip front overalls with the cuffs and heels elasticated and a cheap veil-hat off ebay.
They can then just turn up with wellies and Marigolds.
They can optionally buy the kit off you afterwards to seed the next enterprise.
Thank you - good ideas! I've found some on STB but just buying a few veils would really keep costs down...

Our granddaughter proudly wearing her £2 STB suit, excellent value :)

Attachments

• FBF073C4-A5F8-4F81-B68D-F427DC76ED05.jpeg
    FBF073C4-A5F8-4F81-B68D-F427DC76ED05.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Back