urgent advice needed please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Today on my cctv i saw my neighbour tip water from a watering can all over his beehives the next thing there is the biggest swarm i have ever saw is this normal ? any advice welcome

...is this normal ?
It's not routine for most, but occasionally if it's in hot sun a sprinkle of water can help bees keep the hive cool. Unlikely to have prompted a swarm though. True swarms are looking for a new home, so rarely aggressive but you might not want them in an awkward place. Most beekeepers try to avoid their bees swarming, it does risk losing most of their bees. Things don't always go exactly to plan. I'd hope you would feel able to tell your neighbour that you saw the swarm, they might have missed the best view themselves.

You clearly missed my point. You are watching what your neighbour is up to and coming on here asking about his actions. That seems to me like covert videoing of your neighbour. That is an illegal practice.

stop being nosey and looking for problems where they don't exist.

A quick sprinkle with hose pipe or watering can is an old trick to delay swarming until beekeeper can quickly get organised - clearly didn't work in this case.

Perhaps mods should be looking to see if 'concerned' and 'worried neighbour' are one and the same troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back