under floor entrance

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I made a under floor entrance omf with some old scrap pine so it was not treated it was part of a old fitted kitchen and some parts are varnished
quite a few of the bees leaving seem to come out the under floor gap and crawl along the ceiling of the entrance then fall and land upside down on the base of the entrance ,so on there backs laying on there wings then turn over and go about there business it does not sound right to me im wondering if the surface is to smooth and what other people have found
IMG_20230622_095248.jpg

I made a under floor entrance omf with some old scrap pine so it was not treated it was part of a old fitted kitchen and some parts are varnished
quite a few of the bees leaving seem to come out the under floor gap and crawl along the ceiling of the entrance then fall and land upside down on the base of the entrance ,so on there backs laying on there wings then turn over and go about there business it does not sound right to me im wondering if the surface is to smooth and what other people have found
View attachment 36716
They are just coming out too fast. Do t worry about it. It happens if the porch is deep.

Latest posts

Back