Treatment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WelshPaul

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hey all, I guess it's coming up to the time to start treating. My question is I've had two gold trays of a"@guard in the cupboard from last year, they have expiration dates of 2013 but are they good to use this year?

Hey all, I guess it's coming up to the time to start treating. My question is I've had two gold trays of a"@guard in the cupboard from last year, they have expiration dates of 2013 but are they good to use this year?

and the question is??????????????

best before dates are just that, so, unless you're planning on storing them another year, they'll be fine

Lol, I was just checking, I lost bees last year to some idiot filling the hive with way too much OA, so I'm just being a little over protective. Thank you for the replies.

The 50g trays are designed for dadant hives so most uk hives need less.
The gel may serperate over time but while sealed none of the thymol evaporates so even way out of date apiguard has the same amount of active ingredient, if it has started separating, give it a stir.

If the 50g are for dadant, should reduce the amount for a national then?

If the 50g are for dadant, should reduce the amount for a national then?

If you put in the 50g tray and your bees abscond, let vita (the makers) know and they will send out a 25g tray as compo, why they dont just sell smaller packs for smaller hives I dont know.

Latest posts

Back