tippex

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REDWOOD

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
This year is tippex year again sadly, lasts time it was tippex year it was a nightmare finding the queen when they were foraging HB. Perhaps a shade of pink would be a better choice.

This year is tippex year again sadly, lasts time it was tippex year it was a nightmare finding the queen when they were foraging HB. Perhaps a shade of pink would be a better choice.

The uniposca pens come in a wonderful rainbow of colours.... as do nail varnishes....the choice is yours !

When was The colour code established... I can not remember grandfather marking his bees... and that was in the late 50s ????

Yeghes da

I gave up with the numbered discs, couldn't find a glue that stuck well enough and did not have an odour strong enough to cause substantial rejection of queens on reintrodution. Never had the same problems using same method of reintroduction with the posca pens.

The Eco tipex is water based, comes with a soft sponge pad on the end. If you use the corner it makes a perfect circle. Lasts a year for me!
E

This year is tippex year again-

There are other tippex colours. I have used white, but for umpteen years the bottle of yellow has sufficed.

Bright pink for my queens this year.
We are surrounded by balsalm so if finding queens wasnt hard enogh, Aug/Sept will be a nightmare with white markings (or splodges in my case)

Latest posts

Back