thymolised syrup

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteinwilts

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Lots and lots
Hi Guys

some of my hives still have quite a lot of stores of thymolised syrup from last autumn.

I have not performed an inspection yet, but will the thymol affect brood pruduction?

cheers
Pete

can you add thymol to Ambrosia?

but will the thymol affect brood pruduction?

No not at all,but to many brood combs filled with stores would inhibit laying space for the Queen,but i expect you know this anyway.

but will the thymol affect brood pruduction?

No not at all,but to many brood combs filled with stores would inhibit laying space for the Queen,but i expect you know this anyway.

you expect correctly! ... which is why I am impatient to go and have a look :toetap05:

Yes but Oliver's comment.

If the colony eates 6 months nosema medicine, do you think that it works in Aril?

Medicine sterilize the gut from nosema before winter and it does not "reduce the levels"

Finman,

I can understand your translational shortfalls. I said 'keep it down' not 'reduce it'.

I know it will be at a very low or insignificant level after all that winter consumption. But the larvae were not there then!!!

Listen Oliver, thymol does not work now because nosema goes away in spring when bees may make poo every day. Fault is not my translation. your nosema knowledge is faint.

Truth is that thymol is not needed this time of year.

But it is just good that consumpion of the hive has been small.

Last edited:
In the case of this colony being treated in the autumn syrup feed for nosema, then no spring treatment is needed.

Latest posts

Back