Thymol solution

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get well soon. Maybe some thymol in your tea? 😉
I was thinking as I've collected lots of thyme prunings, I would put some under my pillow.. The wife has already got it hanging up in different places around the house.... I swear she's a witch. Albeit a white one🧙‍♀️

Thank god for that. Enjoy the rest and crack the whip.:sleep:(y)
I cracked the wip!! the lad has put clearer boards on and the cabinet is warming ready to receive.

Im hoping to get in the garden today to check and hopefully put a clearer board on that one.. I've just got to Hall myself out of bed, what a task.

Wow, that must have had you worrying! Take it easy mate and don’t try and do too much until you’re properly recovered. Flu can cause permanent lung damage too - it did to my other half🙁
I've got bronchitis now... And have always had problems getting it.

It is a struggle at the minute.. Had to get the eldest to do a few things bee related.
Thanks for that Mr Poot.

Apparently honey is good for that🤪🤪🤪🤪
Honey, lemon, and a shot of cider brandy.
Honey in tea
Honey on toast.
Honey with porridge.
Honey on a tea spoon Alfies favourite.
Triffle.... With honey in the cream on top.
Honey via fingers in the jar or settling tank, bucket, etc again Alfies favourite.
No wonder we use 2 lb a week hey.

After all this is what I pay my BBKA fees for and this is what our president has said: Thymol
Money well spent. The president advises that treatment is a Bailey comb change version for weak colonies. Then proceeds to give detailed instructions and diagrams for a full Bailey for strong colonies.
No wonder beginners are confused. :rolleyes:

Money well spent. The president advises that treatment is a Bailey comb change version for weak colonies. Then proceeds to give detailed instructions and diagrams for a full Bailey for strong colonies.
No wonder beginners are confused. :rolleyes:
And what if I want to treat for nosema now ???

Honey, lemon, and a shot of cider brandy.
Honey in tea
Honey on toast.
Honey with porridge.
Honey on a tea spoon Alfies favourite.
Triffle.... With honey in the cream on top.
Honey via fingers in the jar or settling tank, bucket, etc again Alfies favourite.
No wonder we use 2 lb a week hey.
You really should try an indulgent breakfast, a filling winter warmer ready for a day outdoors.
porridge oats made with
double cream
milk
soft brown sugar
glug or two of whisky
honey, to serve

You really should try an indulgent breakfast, a filling winter warmer ready for a day outdoors.
porridge oats made with
double cream
milk
soft brown sugar
glug or two of whisky
honey, to serve

It was all reading OK untill I read the whisky bit but I've plenty of cider brandy to use up.

I've got to give up honey and all things sugary, as I'm just about to spend £ 11,700 on my teeth.. Im having five implants and the smoking has got to go out the window to... What now I'll have to take up something else?? Maybe another hobby like ummm.. More beekeeping.. Yeh that's it :serenade: haven't used that one for a while.

There are papers out there showing positive results with thymol against nosema I found 1 years ago I’ll try and dig it up. Jenks probably had it to hand I guess as it’s a discussion often had if you use the search facility. You’ll find many references to essential oils as it was often used as a fad varroa treatment some years ago.

It was all reading OK untill I read the whisky bit but I've plenty of cider brandy to use up.

I've got to give up honey and all things sugary, as I'm just about to spend £ 11,700 on my teeth.. Im having five implants and the smoking has got to go out the window to... What now I'll have to take up something else?? Maybe another hobby like ummm.. More beekeeping.. Yeh that's it :serenade: haven't used that one for a while.
Yes give up smoking or your implants will fail.

I'm just about to spend £ 11,700 on my teeth.. Im having five implants
Daughter recently had that done. Only one tooth but mega expensive. At the first consultation the dentist convinced her to do tooth whitening. At the end, and £2½ K later, he mentioned that the whitening only lasts a few years and she'll have to keep it up or the implant will look super white in comparison to her other teeth. Sounds like a good earner for him.

After all this is what I pay my BBKA fees for and this is what our president has said: Thymol
Yes, I remember reading that - what an absolute trumpet

'I feel the force of pompous is strong in that one Luke'

And what if I want to treat for nosema now ???
If you go through your beekeeping life ignoring or doing the exact opposite of what the BBKA 'advise' you won't go far wrong.

Back