thrones sales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it ok hiding feeders ,,super, brood and frames because they just merge into the beekeeping equipment that i store in my garage, because i havemade up boxes and transferred a lot of equipment to my three apiaries over the past month

So when SWMBO pops in to the garage to bring me a cup of tea it will look just like it did last spring , al neatly stack flat packs ready to be made up~~~~~but what can i do with the Pallett before she spots it when she does the Washing at the weekend

Last edited:
Paint the pallet with wood preserver and call it a hive stand.

Pallets make great hive stands. I put them under the usual stand to keep it off the ground so the legs are out of the wet. If the subject comes up you are saving money.

Now I know why my orders are taking longer. They had to print the labels. Doh.

Saw pallets used in crete this year as wall baskets they looked fantastic in the light blues and yellows.

Pallets make great hive stands.

I wouldn't use them again. Husband made me hive stands out of hardwood pallets and they sagged last year to such an extent that we had to prop a couple of hives up underneath with breeze blocks.
We have to reinforce them this winter.

I wouldn't use them again. Husband made me hive stands out of hardwood pallets and they sagged last year to such an extent that we had to prop a couple of hives up underneath with breeze blocks.
We have to reinforce them this winter.

:yeahthat: I caught a swarm, and placed a hive directly under the tree on top of a pile of pallets.
I was in no hurry to move it, and a month or so later, the weight of the honey and the position of the hive broke the pallet.

buy more stuff from thornes, and when you have four pallets make a compost bin.

my stuff gets delivered to work, and I take it straight to the workshop in the company van without it going home! :)

Pallets can be turned into almost anything even a gate for one of your apiary

what can i do with the Pallett before she spots it when she does the Washing at the weekend

tell her you rescued it from a building site and intend to 'recycle' it into hive parts.............thus explaining the hive parts she may stumble across in a few weeks

That is so neat, Tom. I have a pallet outside - can you make me one?!!!bee-smillie

I placed my order about 0800 on the first day of the sale
Over £500 (shhhhhh)
No email to say it has been processed as yet
Not in any hurry thankfully

Has anyone who placed an order on the first day of the sale (3rd January) had their order despatched yet?
Thanks

Mine arrived Friday SWMBO's day off!! :banghead:

Fortunately he was here early and considerately put it all in the outhouse (I'd put that as an alternative in case I was out) slipped a note in the door and didn't even knock - or maybe Gill had given them special instructions!

But I'm sure I didn't order that much stuff - they must have been over generous with the shredded cardboard packing :D.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back