Thornes Sale Hoffman Frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fair point m100 - I am tempted myself, does anyone know the science on using 46mm? it occurs to me that you would need to go to broad and half or double brood given the reduced cell count. It says less swarmy but I think the tested period if far to short to demonstrate this unless they had control hives to compare with.

How many years ago was the discovery of ' bee space ' made? The bees have not changed their needs since then. So long as they can pass each other on the comb they should be happy. We cannot alter their behaviour or resistance to parasites and dsease by trying to alter the conditions in which they live. Sadly they do not always draw comb flat, they have not read the books, but wide spacing of frames if not done gradually will lead to disaster, unless you know otherwise?

how many years ago was the discovery of ' bee space ' made? The bees have not changed their needs since then. So long as they can pass each other on the comb they should be happy. We cannot alter their behaviour or resistance to parasites and dsease by trying to alter the conditions in which they live. Sadly they do not always draw comb flat, they have not read the books, but wide spacing of frames if not done gradually will lead to disaster, unless you know otherwise?

Hmm now then that is an interesting question as it almost certainly was NOT Langstroth he just shouted about it.

PH

Latest posts

Back