Thornes of stockbridge sale day

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having never seen a "Thornes Second" are the knotty/shaked supers and thornes Beehive currently on EBAY typical of Thornes Seconds?

Can you buy seconds frrom them normally or are they only available at their sales?

i assume their £125 budget hive is the same second type quality,

i have a flat pack hive that is non thornes and it appears not much better than those on Ebay

The seconds can vary, some of them require some filling of knots, some are not 100% perfect in dimensions, but all are usable with a little work & some better than others.

The seconds are only available in the sales or as part of their 'Bees on a Budget' hive.

One thing I did notice about the seconds at Stockbridge, they didn't have the slot cut to take the castleated frame spacers, that the 'BoB' hive kit does??

I am glad that I am not the only one wondering this,I saw sn4 frames, fifty of and they went for more than the cost of buying new in packs of Ten from Paynes,I can only assume that despite all the money that is spent on education we have people who cannot read catalogues.Still I suppose if they are happy with Seconds at quality Prices, should we complain???

I am glad that I am not the only one wondering this,I saw sn4 frames, fifty of and they went for more than the cost of buying new in packs of Ten from Paynes,I can only assume that despite all the money that is spent on education we have people who cannot read catalogues.Still I suppose if they are happy with Seconds at quality Prices, should we complain???

I assume you're talking about ebay???

5 packs of Paynes SN4 go for £64.95 & a 50 pack of seconds from Thornes went for £27

What sort of car!

Latest posts

Back