This oxalic sublimation thingy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plenty of them still around, I have some brass bicycle ones and a couple of Lucas king of the road brass paraffin lamps, for cars, good condition, but not worth a lot.

1962 before our village got mains electric, some places still don't have it.

Long after we had mains electricity the farm up the road still had calor gas lights. Whenever there was a power cut their lights shone out like a beacon in the darkness. Eventually they yielded to progress and had electricity connected. During the winter they still used the gas lights as it made the rooms warmer.
In those days the Yorkshire Electricity Board sold appliances and it was almost universal to find a Jackson Electric cooker in kitchens, all bought from the Board showrooms.

Amazon do them width double that power and cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cousins who had an idyllic childhood in Hastings used to wrap carbide lumps in bread and throw it up into the air for the seagulls...... Bang!
And they were both girls!

Cheers

Ok thanks all. I'll do some reading and get my head around this all. We do actually have a ride on mower!

There you go then. Before I bought my car starter to power the varrox I used to drive the car down to the hives and use the battery with the engine running

There you go then. Before I bought my car starter to power the varrox I used to drive the car down to the hives and use the battery with the engine running

Yes, that's what I do using truck jump leads to extend the range .Simples!

I use a wheelbarrow plus battery plus Heavy Duty leads. No hassle, little spend and easy to store.

Latest posts

Back