Things the books have wrong

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a very moderate post ... so what bee book do you recommend ?

Under 10 years old.

So, apart from The Ladybird book of beekeeping 'Hannah and the Honeybees', 'Belinda Bee' and 'The Bee Man'

What technical publications do you read? :D

ROB Manley's Beekeeping in Britain - 1943 admittedly, but still a good read - bees ain't changed that much!. And Digges of course (first beekeeping book I ever read when I was about nine)

Last edited:
jenkinsbrynmair;418068 What technical publications do you read? :D [/QUOTE said:
Might be a bit of a wait ....

"Last 10 years I have tried to find from internet new reseaches. It depends what is my information need.
i do not need beekeeping books any more. "

So, apart from The Ladybird book of beekeeping 'Hannah and the Honeybees', 'Belinda Bee' and 'The Bee Man'

What technical publications do you read? :D

ROB Manley's Beekeeping in Britain - 1943 admittedly, but still a good read - bees ain't changed that much!. And Digges of course (first beekeeping book I ever read when I was about nine)
Just found Digges on A****n (US). It has been republished.
There was a copy of Manley's book on A****n (UK) but it just fell victim to a gift voucher lurking in my account.

Just found Digges on A****n (US). It has been republished.

It's been through loads of editions - the one my grandfather gave me fell to bits years ago I think it was the 1938 (9th) edition. Got a replacement easily on fleabay and managed to acquire a first edition last year.
Manley worked with Digges on his 1949 edition of the Practical manual and worked closely with Brother Adam. I've read 'Beekeeping in Britain' and 'Honey Farming'. Going to start on 'Honey Production in the British Isles' next! You've got to accept it's dated, but still a good read.

Back