The Passing of Mr.Bowie / Jones

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
40 Plus
A Sad Sad day for us real music lovers !

What a genius !! They don't make them like that anymore ...

Gave me, and millions more, so many many hours of enjoyment through incredibly original and artistic music.

Rest in Peace David .

From one of many incredible songs, dedicated to his good friend Marc Bolan

"One day though it might
as well be someday
You and I will rise up all the way
All because of what you are
The Prettiest Star "

There's a star man waiting in the sky..

A Sad Sad day for us real music lovers !

Yes indeed.
A great musician.
I met him once when I was 19 and he would be 23/24 and I must say he was the most beautiful man I ever saw....and since. There was something shining in him. A sad loss.

Well, yes, it is sad.
He created some great music which will endure.
And sad for his family.

But the BBC1 lunchtime news gave a full 15 minutes - half the programme - to his passing, followed by about 3 minutes on Syrian towns where people are dying of starvation. (Not to mention 2 minutes on the probably breakup of the Anglican communion.)

Seemed a bit unbalanced to me.

Or am I eventually turning into my hero - Victor Meldrew (the TV one)?

Dusty

Well, yes, it is sad.
And sad for his family.

But the BBC1 lunchtime news gave a full 15 minutes - half the programme - to his passing, followed by about 3 minutes on Syrian towns where people are dying of starvation. (Not to mention 2 minutes on the probably breakup of the Anglican communion.)

:iagree:

I'll miss his knives though

Well, yes, it is sad.
And sad for his family.

Dusty

As far as Bowie goes he was a legend and a nice man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, yes, it is sad.
And sad for his family.

Dusty

I agree. 15 mins on news at 6 too. And a 30 minute prog at 7.30. My neighbour rang to ask who he was...

Two great musician's indeed will be missed , a sad time for music

As far as Bowie goes he was a legend and a nice man.

He could have well been a nice man but never met him although did a bit of work for him in a house he owned through an agent.

One of the tragedies of Syria is the loss of the ancient Christian communities, many of which are Catholic.

Well, yes, it is sad.
And sad for his family.

Dusty

To be fair, David Bowie had 15 minutes and will only die once. Syria has been on the news every day all of last year and ongoing so we have plenty of rubber necking to do yet

To be fair, David Bowie had 15 minutes and will only die once. Syria has been on the news every day all of last year and ongoing so we have plenty of rubber necking to do yet

My newspaper of choice is the Independent - a paper which staunchly downplays any reference to the monarchy lest it be accused of sycophancy. Fair enough.

So, to mark the sad passing of David Robert Jones, a 69 year old musician, the Indie sported a "Souvenir Edition", containing:

- a full, front page photo;
- a lead editorial;
- a two page article;
- a three page obituary
and a sixteen page, pull-out "Special Tribute".

Clearly, I'm missing something.

Dusty.

Clearly, I'm missing something.
Probably!

There are millions of fans who will collect things like that, and keep them for ever.

He was a good man, Dusty, who broke a lot of social rules but he was also a quiet Christian. Try looking up David Bowie and Freddie Mercury's tribute concert, you might be surprised. This might help?

Latest posts

Back