The best day ever :)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and when you've got your first 60/70 jars sat on the kitchen table, sealed and labeled you'll be bursting with pride.........
:party:

and when next spring you are 30 foot up an apple tree trying to retrieve your bees after they swarmed for the nth time you will wonder why you ever thought this was a good idea.....

no sorry, seriously, enjoy.

I don't mind the milking of the bees, its the little stooll to sit on that I find uncomfortable:sifone:

Well done Karen

Well done I know just how you feel. I opened up my first hive with Paul a few months ago. Still makes me smile and I got stung 3 times that time :banghead:

Wait until you open them up yourself the first time.

ATB
Pete

I was wondering how you got on today and I'm really glad that everything went well.

Congratulations and enjoy your bees :party:

Thank you so much everybody, you are all so nice to congratulate me on my first handling of the bees :) Sat here, reading all your comments have made this a perfect ending to a great day.

Queens, the people who were handling the bees all wore suits. There were two others who were just tagging along, and as the girls came flying out of their box, they ran and hid behind the pavillion lol. I was in the enclosure and if there wasn't a fence blocking me I would have just kept going in the opposite direction lol. They settled right down though, and after about 1 - 2 mins they weren't anywhere near as noisy and were back around the box.....I think they just needed to stretch their legs after the journey ;)

They were very well behaved, but I did warn them that I was the person who was going to be taking care of them so it would be a good idea to be nice to me lol. Paul's wife Diane vidioed it and he said we'd be online tonight......I think I made a prat of myself in the interview he sprung on me afterwards though. I was in a kind of trance and couldn't think straight, bees on the brain lol, and I looked like a drowned rat...everyone else had driven there, I had to walk with the kids in the rain so must have looked dishrevelled, especially after fighting my way out of that bee suit lol. I had that many bees on the brain that on the way home, I was trying to get the little one back in his pushchair and said, "Arran, get back in your hive!" lol

I'm off to try and find the vid.....depending on how horrendous I look I will post it so you can all see how much of a pro bee keeper I was :D

Karen

Latest posts

Back