thats it submitted!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After 6.5 years I ve finally submitted my PhD thesis "The thermofluid engineering of the honey bee nest" . 280 pages 65,000 words. it mostly comprises 6 papers : 4 papers already published 1 accepted and 1 submitted.
Phew @derekm
It’s been a long trek.
Do we call you Dr? 😉

Well done Derek ... that length of time is not bad for an external candidate ... a Doctorate vindicates all those hours electrifying beehives ! As for the Viva .. Lets face it - what external examiner is going to know more about your subject that you !!

After 6.5 years I ve finally submitted my PhD thesis "The thermofluid engineering of the honey bee nest" . 280 pages 65,000 words. it mostly comprises 6 papers : 4 papers already published 1 accepted and 1 submitted.
Congratulations on completing your Thesis ,my son and daughter In law are both Dr's now, one in Physics the other Explosives .I know it was hard at times for them ,so very well done ,that is one diverse subject matter and I'm sure the Beekeeping world will be grateful for your studying this and possibly coming up with solutions for the bees in the future .
John.

Well done Derek ... that length of time is not bad for an external candidate ... a Doctorate vindicates all those hours electrifying beehives ! As for the Viva .. Lets face it - what external examiner is going to know more about your subject that you !!
:devilish:Let's hope its not beekeeper!!!
Congratulations though Derek.

Congratulations on completing your Thesis ,my son and daughter In law are both Dr's now, one in Physics the other Explosives .I know it was hard at times for them ,so very well done ,that is one diverse subject matter and I'm sure the Beekeeping world will be grateful for your studying this and possibly coming up with solutions for the bees in the future .
John.
I never knew there were phd awards for blowing things up.

I never knew there were phd awards for blowing things up.

Many thanks for that ,brightened up my rain swept morning .His delivery reminded me of the late great Fred Dibnah .Have a great weekend .John.
Light It Up Burn GIF by Jimmy Arca

Many thanks for that ,brightened up my rain swept morning .His delivery reminded me of the late great Fred Dibnah .Have a great weekend .John.
Light It Up Burn GIF by Jimmy Arca
Thank you. I'll do my very best but having encountered a bit of storm damage to the old chicken shed this morning my initial plans were slightly disrupted. However I found a bit of band, enlisted Mrs J and things are under control again. 😉 She was quite amused as one of her social media posts had only recently suggested she buy an overpriced tee shirt with the logo "if a Jessop can't fix it we're screwed". I sometimes hear about adverts being aimed at you if something is searched or mentioned but I've never thought adverts could influence reality.🤔

Attachments

• 20231020_093612.jpg
    20231020_093612.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20231020-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20231020-WA0003.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thank you. I'll do my very best but having encountered a bit of storm damage to the old chicken shed this morning my initial plans were slightly disrupted. However I found a bit of band, enlisted Mrs J and things are under control again. 😉 She was quite amused as one of her social media posts had only recently suggested she buy an overpriced tee shirt with the logo "if a Jessop can't fix it we're screwed". I sometimes hear about adverts being aimed at you if something is searched or mentioned but I've never thought adverts could influence reality.🤔
Good job the both of you.
I knew a firm of Indian builders, and on the side of their truck they had written
"You've had the cowboys now try the Indians "Always chuckle when Iķ remember that .My brother and I are nicknamed Hackett &Bodgit for our DIY,and when the wife joins us she is known as Fixit Quite a bit of truth in that
John.

Latest posts

Back