Tesco glass problems with insurance

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
Had my roomster 3 from new and currently insured with Tesco.

Got hit by a stone on the motorway and the roof glass is cracking.

Tesco say as it is a "sunroof" it is not covered by them.

My manual says it is a "panaromic roof" and I am about to challenge them on this.

Has anyone has the same issue please and what was the outcome as if it goes on I am involving the Federation of Small Business of which I am a member.

PH

What's the difference between a panoramic roof and a sunroof? I didn't know what a "roomster 3" was so I had a quick look at google images and it looks like a car with a big sunroof to me.

Good luck with the insurance claim! You might need it.

Paul

It looks like a sunroof, acts like one in that it slides back and forward and it's in the place for a sunroof.

You may get lucky in calling it a duck.

I got round a similar claim by saying it was criminal damage. A third party damaged my glass and drove off. They bought it but it went as a claim on my insurance!!

If it moves I would say its a sunroof, if it is just a panoramic peace of glass then I would hope its covered by the insurance.

Not insured by us? What, do they think that you just strap it on to the motor rather than it being a part of the insured vehicle. Perhaps it would have been better for your claim to have come from the likes of Autoglass, although they might have had some difficulty in replacing it.

Most insurers are happy for clients to call Autoglass direct for glass breakages and the claim goes from there.

Have you tried Autoglass to see if they are able to replace the glass roof? If they do, then it's surely beyond dispute by Tesco as we all know that Autoglass only does glass for vehicles and not 'sunroofs'. An informed enquiry can't do you any harm.

Good luck, it's all very well providing insurance as long as they aren't expected to pay out.

How can they realistically duck out of paying if the glass is original standard equipment?

Last edited:
Panoramic sunroofs are not like a standard sunroof. Full of expensive sensors and electronic gismos. Fitting is usually a pia and needs a dealer who knows what he was doing.

When Audi had problems with A2 Panoamic sunroofs, the replacement cost was c £1.5 to £2k...

Latest posts

Back