Talk on integrated wasp management by Karol Pazik

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salamagundy

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just back from a fascinating talk, by Karol Pazik to the East Carmarthen Beekeepers Association, on integrated wasp management. As you would expect from his posts on the forum, Karol gave an authoritative and informative talk, relevant to beekeepers, with excellent illustrative video material and plenty of practical tips on how best to protect hives, as well as stressing the importance of wasps. I know Karol's day job means he doesn't have massive amounts of time, but if you can get him I can recommend him to other associations as a very good speaker.

Just back from a fascinating talk, by Karol Pazik to the East Carmarthen Beekeepers Association, on integrated wasp management. As you would expect from his posts on the forum, Karol gave an authoritative and informative talk, relevant to beekeepers, with excellent illustrative video material and plenty of practical tips on how best to protect hives, as well as stressing the importance of wasps. I know Karol's day job means he doesn't have massive amounts of time, but if you can get him I can recommend him to other associations as a very good speaker.

If Karol doesn't have a lot of free time perhaps he might like to produce a video of one such talk? The information could be invaluable to beekeepers all over.
Commercially the video costs could be recouped by selling copies or if pirated by the unscrupulous there could be a cost benefit to his product through advertising.

Oh right cos his trap thingy seems to be full of drowned wasps.

Last two years I just put a couple of lures upwind of the nest and let them get on with it.

Fortunately the table was downwind . . . . . . .

Last two years I just put a couple of lures upwind of the nest and let them get on with it.

Don't put traps out for wasps at this time of the year,as long as they are not in a nuisance spot they do more good than harm, it is later in the summer when there sweet tooth arrives that they become a problem and need controlling.

What do your lures do?
Please.

Hi Millet, I don't use traps at all and don't bother till later in the year when they get bored and feisty.

I just use old paint roller trays with a a tile across the top and syrup.

Latest posts

Back