Tacwise nailer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
I have just been and bought one, I couldn't take it any longer, watching my boy hitting nails, plus I'll get more done hopefully now that he's got this to play with :D
Where's the cheapest for Brad, not looked as of yet?

Always buy mine at the cheapest place on line.
E

I'll have a look cheers

Make sure you keep the receipt they have a habit of breaking. Mine usually fail just after the guarantee expires though.
I decided when my last one broke to try a Titan nailer with a two year guarantee.

I keep all receipts for tax and if this last over a year I'll be happy but thanks for the tips.

As posted previously the three I tried failed with in minutes.

PH

What did you go for in the end? I was watching your post.

Most of the problems I've seen online are with people using brads and staples from other manufacturers, I've always used Tacwise Brads and nails without a problem. Hope I'm not tempting fate now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brand Brad seems cheap in local screw fix, so will go with that I feel.

I always buy Bostitch, amazing nailers and staplers, my nailer is in for repair after putting together over 3000 frames, 150 hives and 200 nucs, at a guess 50000 brads. Bostich brads are the best followed by dewalt box of 5000 in screwfix for around £10. If you buy cheap you will find you always spend longer removing jammed nails than nailing.

To clarify my three units all failed with the Tacwise nails. Says it all really. Would I buy another err....... guess.

PH

To be honest this is to get me by until I get compressor and air nailer. Unless I find I like the electric nailer. But with the amount I'm building now I really need something other than a hammer lol

I have gone through a few tacwise nailers over the years and still have a couple on the shelf.
After a while the plastic around the head gets brittle from the shocks and falls apart.

Get a cheap Silverline nailer off eBay and a small compresser much more fun to use and a thousand times better...

When I'm next on the mainland I'll see if I can get a cheapish compressor. Getting one shipped here cost as much as buying it on the first place! What you suggest Admin was what I had in mind, later down the road : )

Get a cheap Silverline nailer off eBay and a small compresser much more fun to use and a thousand times better...

I use a silverline nailer & also a nailer/stapler, both on brads. A couple of jams with the nailer but that size of brads (40mm) then worked no problem through the nailer/stapler. Just bought another 2 x 5000 silverline brads. We have two @ work as well, but use with tacwise brads/staples.

I have that one as a backup and it has worked well.
I do wonder if it is the orange pellets in the tacwise that makes the plastic brittle.

Latest posts

Back