Sysonby cam

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see everyone is still watching!

Actually I took the hive outside today and changed two of the three combs for foundation as the old comb was very black having not been changed since 2007 - evidently the bees are not pleased about this as they have decided to camp outside for the night in protest. We will have to wait and see what the morning brings!

They do look kind of happy out there don't they?

One out, all out!! Sounds like the sixty's, not that I was there you understand...

Mike

Sounds like the sixty's, not that I was there you understand...

Mike

Huh, I was.

I bought a pre-war MG sports car for £25, and my bank manager bought a convertible Derby Bentley by Vanden Plas for £250.

JC.

Negotiations break down!

You may notice that the pickets are no longer outside the hive entrance. This is because negotiations have come to a standstill and the union has decided to take action to a higher level - ie they have moved into one of my bait hives!!!

The story is not over yet! - to bee continued.

Have you checked the bait hive ?
It looks like they are being called back with the number of bees centing on the landing board.

Nasanov glands exposed and fanning like crazy :).

John Wilkinson

Normal service is resumed!!

Have you checked the bait hive ?
It looks like they are being called back with the number of bees centing on the landing board.

Since negotiation was not working I have manually put the bees back in the obs hive - I have given them a frame of brood to keep them interested and the rest is foundation.

If they've read the same books as me they will stay put now!

I have a tract somewhere entitled "Managing an Observasion Hive ".
One of the tricks is to block the entrance for a while and give an alternative in order to bleed off a few bees thus relieving congestion.
I'll have to look it up amongst my trillion bee books /pamphlets :).

John Wilkinson

Since negotiation was not working I have manually put the bees back in the obs hive - I have given them a frame of brood to keep them interested and the rest is foundation.

If they've read the same books as me they will stay put now!

Yet another civil uprising nipped in the bud(or brood box) :grouphug:

see foundation drawn - LIVE

this foundation has only been in for a few hours and its going up fast!

Very nice Beewolf !
I have the inside cam as well.
Looking good from this end.
Well done :cheers2:

Just loaded codecs and it still dont work. I will give up I think. It maybe summit to do with my router.

Last edited:
Probably your router fire wall. one or two amateur radio voip progs require some getting around the router fire walls :(.

John Wilinson

Latest posts

Back