swarm queen dead

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark s

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
16 + 3nuc's
Hi all
I had swarm arrive this afternoon ,very windy and am 99% certain queen was killed by mister spider as found a ball of bees on floor covering her picked her up and placed outside of bait hive and she was immediately covered in workers.
I've not come over this problem before !!!! so my first thought is a frame of eggs from one of my hives so they can produce one ???.
Will that work ??.
Thanks

Yes, that will work. An alternative is to combine them with a queenright colony which needs a boost.

He/she was the swine who killed the queen when she landed in the Web below the bait box ����

He/she was the swine who killed the queen when she landed in the Web below the bait box ����

Maybe there was more than one queen and they were having reducing session.

That's a good point hivemaker as half the swarm were cluster around the entrance and the other half balled up on the floor below

So she was dead with a ball why why place her out side the hive she was dead what was she going to do
So this swarm the spider got the queen despite thousands of workers and drones it got the queen
Virgins maybe

Although she was dead she did attract all the bees from the ball to the entrance of the bait hive which made it easier for me

There seems to be some doubt about the presence of a queen. Add that frame of eggs as insurance.

That's exactly what I shall do first thing in the morning viridens

Latest posts

Back