Swarm from Colony of a May emerged Queen?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard the term erupted queens cells, they don't erupt they are vacated or the proper term is a VQ has emerged but not erupted.
One suspects two VQ have emerged and one was missed during development.
I love erupted - I assumed that's what shook the frames. 🥴

Last edited:
Never heard the term erupted queens cells, they don't erupt they are vacated or the proper term is a VQ has emerged but not erupted.
One suspects two VQ have emerged and one was missed during development.
Thanks for that. I'm a foreigner but you all knew what I meant. It's a lot less of a mouthful to say 'I see an erupted queen cell' than "I see there is a queen cell that a queen has vacated" ! 😉

Last edited:
OMG ! Fantastic! Too late for this lot but will have one made ready for next spring. Thank you
I'm getting Stan onto this too. Wild colony in the tree has thrown two swarms and they both settled pretty high up and were difficult to get down

Thanks for that. I'm a foreigner but you all knew what I meant. It's a lot less of a mouthful to say 'I see an erupted queen cell' than "I see there is a queen cell that a queen has vacated" ! 😉
Lol - this is how we talk don't you know. 😂
Yes we new what you meant; you stick with erupted! Generally the British are extremely tolerant of people using English as a second language - it's why we never bother to learn any second languages ourselves. 😉
Occasionally we rib each other about obscure niceities though. And revel in amusing ambiguity or imagery.

And welcome!!

Last edited:
Lol - this is how we talk don't you know. 😂
Yes we new what you meant; you stick with erupted! Generally the British are extremely tolerant of people using English as a second language - it's why we never bother to learn any second languages ourselves. 😉
Occasionally we rib each other about obscure niceities though. And revel in amusing ambiguity or imagery.

And welcome!!
Then theirs the apostrophe 😉

Sorry, not with you. I recognise the grasshopper reference, sort of, but don’t have a clue as to what you’re waiting for.
Well, as you spotted my deliberate mistake theirs
I thought you might spot
Well spotted. You’ve past the first test, Grasshopper 😉
Which should be passed
Isn't the English language just marvellous?

Well, as you spotted my deliberate mistake theirs
I thought you might spot

Which should be passed
Isn't the English language just marvellous?
I just didn’t want to rub salt in the wound🤣
I paid too much attention to the ”waiting” post, trying to work out what you were waiting for!
But good one Dani, you got me👍

I just didn’t want to rub salt in the wound🤣
I paid too much attention to the ”waiting” post, trying to work out what you were waiting for!
But good one Dani, you got me👍
Now go and answer Angie's post on how to improve the forum ..........apart from changing the mods :ROFLMAO:

Providing the queen had room to lay and the BB was not filled with honey then you have swarmy bees, best to re queen if that’s the case
had one myself

Back