'Survivor' bees that err didn't survive?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was quite a job for them getting rid of it all. Waxmoth heaven too by the sounds of it.
I hope they’ve sealed it up well. That might be an impossible task

Clearly a slow news day for Wales on Line - resurrecting something that happened last summer !

Whether these bees survived or not is a bit of a leap .... swarmed to extinction more like or there were unfavourable circumstances to cause them to leave ... and the fact that they were in Kent has not gone unnoticed either ...

Not according to the owner.
“Had it been a live honeycomb, we would have got local beekeepers in to extract and relocate it.”
I think they mention that they noticed some bees at one point, but that the honeycomb was bereft of bees when they opened up -pretty obvious really as they mentioned scooping out the honey with no interference fro the bees until some bees atteracted by the smell began robbing it out.
I'm also aware that it's becoming more evident now that the chattering class now describe any collection/colony of bees as a 'hive' thus it has now become to be an alternative word for colony or swarm, rather than a box for honeybees.

Last edited:
What got me was the journalist assumed we wanted to know the occupations of these people..............!

Latest posts

Back