Buzz of excitement over UK’s first bee therapy retreat

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erichalfbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I know it's the telegraph and it's behind a paywall but it usually lets you look at a few articles a month free

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/19/first-bee-therapy-retreat-in-uk/
"Lying on a bed directly above a giant beehive might not sound the most obvious way to unwind after a hard day, but “the UK’s first bee therapy retreat” is offering guests a massage from the insects’ “micro-vibrations”.

A specially-designed triangular, wooden structure, known as an apipod, has been erected in a glade in the grounds of Monachyle Mhor Hotel in Crieff, Perthshire.

Guests can relax or fall asleep on two sheepskin-covered beds inside the apipod, situated directly above six beehives housing 60,000 honey bees.

The bees have their own entrance, separate from the guests above, and a metal mesh has been installed between the pod walls and the hives so only sounds and smells reach the interior".

As the bees are contained, visitors cannot be stung."

I know it's the telegraph and it's behind a paywall but it usually lets you look at a few articles a month free

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/19/first-bee-therapy-retreat-in-uk/
"Lying on a bed directly above a giant beehive might not sound the most obvious way to unwind after a hard day, but “the UK’s first bee therapy retreat” is offering guests a massage from the insects’ “micro-vibrations”.

A specially-designed triangular, wooden structure, known as an apipod, has been erected in a glade in the grounds of Monachyle Mhor Hotel in Crieff, Perthshire.

Guests can relax or fall asleep on two sheepskin-covered beds inside the apipod, situated directly above six beehives housing 60,000 honey bees.

The bees have their own entrance, separate from the guests above, and a metal mesh has been installed between the pod walls and the hives so only sounds and smells reach the interior".

As the bees are contained, visitors cannot be stung."
“As the bees are contained, visitors cannot be stung.”

No…….. I think they are being well and truly STUNG😂😂😂😂😂😂

“As the bees are contained, visitors cannot be stung.”

No…….. I think they are being well and truly STUNG😂😂😂😂😂😂
I know….. stuff like this never ceases to entertain me. Theirs is their natural progression from their existing Plan Bee.

Not quite the first - an aquaintance who is Ukrainian and has lived in this country for many years runs one in Chigwell.
Here is the link if interested
At the end he also shows Ukrainian swarm traps

Latest posts

Back