suppliers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slider955i

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
are there any bee keeping supplliers in the westmidlands area has i find the p&p costs quite expensive on line when you are only after small items ie feeder, fuel for the smoker :cheers2:

If you order the feeder from thornes you wont need to order fuel for the smoker. I ordered some stuff (Including fuel for my smoker) from them earlier in the year. It arrived in a box packed with shredded cardboard to pad out the box. i now have the fuel that i ordered plus enough shredded cardboard to fuel my smoker for the next 5 years at least.:banghead:

If you order the feeder from thornes you wont need to order fuel for the smoker. I ordered some stuff (Including fuel for my smoker) from them earlier in the year. It arrived in a box packed with shredded cardboard to pad out the box. i now have the fuel that i ordered plus enough shredded cardboard to fuel my smoker for the next 5 years at least.:banghead:

sounds like a good idea

It's good fuel but I find it gives me a bad head when burnt.

Lots of fuel you can burn for free.

Egg boxes
Cardboard
Hessian sacking
Rotten wood

Dont forget, if you think you may get a headache, dont take Ibubrofen before the hive visit. lol.

i am going to ask , why ?
is it something the bes do not like ? or are attracted to

Because some people can have a very severe reaction to bee stings whilst taking this kind of medication.

I do the same. However check it thoroughly for any glossy coated cardboard, plastic labels or packing tape stuck to the shredded card board. Defiantly not a good idea to smoke bees with burning plastic fumes and it will make a mess in your smoker.
:sifone:

Latest posts

Back