Supernatural hive.🤣🤣

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all,

Little help here, 3rd year beekeeping and don’t understand this hive at all, always been a very busy hive lots of honey, when doing a routine inspection , couldn't find queen or any brood at all, hive still packed no queen cells, so purchased new queen introduced her about 4 weeks ago checked a week after, doing good not a lot of brood, but she seemed happy enough, inspection today hive rammed with bees never seen so much honey in 2 of the supers, queen still buzzing around, once again no brood. She was in super above brood box which she always seems to be so I’ve shook her into the brood box as the super was also getting stuffed full of honey, so any ideas as it seems I’m getting more bees with no eggs.
Hive is brood box then super, qe then 2 more supers and I’m extracting honey tomorrow from top 2 supers , little honey in brood box but no eggs or brood. Anyone help?
Thanks

Hi all,

Little help here, 3rd year beekeeping and don’t understand this hive at all, always been a very busy hive lots of honey, when doing a routine inspection , couldn't find queen or any brood at all, hive still packed no queen cells, so purchased new queen introduced her about 4 weeks ago checked a week after, doing good not a lot of brood, but she seemed happy enough, inspection today hive rammed with bees never seen so much honey in 2 of the supers, queen still buzzing around, once again no brood. She was in super above brood box which she always seems to be so I’ve shook her into the brood box as the super was also getting stuffed full of honey, so any ideas as it seems I’m getting more bees with no eggs.
Hive is brood box then super, qe then 2 more supers and I’m extracting honey tomorrow from top 2 supers , little honey in brood box but no eggs or brood. Anyone help?
Thanks
2 supers= supernatural...

Hi all,

Thanks
Is it a marked queen?

How good is your eyesight?

No such thing as an increase in colony size without a laying queen, unless by some odd chance a passing swarm decided to walk in and take over.

Do you shake bees off combs to check for BIAS?
Well I’ve been to specsavers so it’s not that bad😂😂 and yes checked for bias, it’s driving me nuts I just can’t understand it.

Possibly one has a VQ in residence ?
Was new queen killed off by a VQ , test frame should have been placed in first.
Lack of laying space means no eggs or simply the Q is a bit of a duffer.
Certainly not normal if there is a good nectar flow.

There will be a logical reason as to why there is little or no brood.

Are colony numbers a false colony representation ? May robbers making up numbers ?

Back