Stingless bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinging or stingless bees

• Stinging

Votes: 108 79.4%
  • Stingless

Votes: 28 20.6%

• Total voters
Do they construct their nest from wax, or something else? It’s hard to tell from the photos. It looks almost resin like.
it's like a mix of wax and propolis, very gummy and refreshing to chew on. There is a lot of work going on as to stingless honey's medicinal properties - it may be a contender for Manooky's place. I've still got a few samples of stingless honey here. The water content is higher than our honey, but the honey has a strangely citrusy tang - it's almost like putting a dab of lemon sherbert on your tongue.

it's like a mix of wax and propolis, very gummy and refreshing to chew on. There is a lot of work going on as to stingless honey's medicinal properties - it may be a contender for Manooky's place. I've still got a few samples of stingless honey here. The water content is higher than our honey, but the honey has a strangely citrusy tang - it's almost like putting a dab of lemon sherbert on your tongue.
Don't forget to put one jar in the freezer for our annual honey tasting sadly now postponed to 2022

Don't forget to put one jar in the freezer for our annual honey tasting sadly now postponed to 2022
I only just remembered a few weeks ago - one jar in the cupboard and it's fine and one taster jar I found last week in the dining room, tasted it and it's OK. Hopefully by the time we actually have a convention I'll have been out there for fresh supplies 😁
Chatting to Dorian Death yesterday and he doesn't reckon the Royal Welsh will go ahead this year either

Are the Welsh conventions / annual honey tasting open to those on the other side of the border?
we do allow the odd foreigner over as long as they behave, we had Dusty and Kaz from here over a few years ago and Pargyle planned to come last year

we do allow the odd foreigner over as long as they behave, we had Dusty and Kaz from here over a few years ago and Pargyle planned to come last year
Here in Wigan we have more Welch mining families than you have in Wales . One Village is even named Brynn .
the next village Stubshaw Cross , had no less than 9 primitive Welsh chapels .

Here in Wigan we have more Welch mining families than you have in Wales . One Village is even named Brynn .
the next village Stubshaw Cross , had no less than 9 primitive Welsh chapels .
Suppose the soft coal made easier work 😁 quite a few came up to play rugby, Ted Ward (Renowned Wigan Captain in the 40's/50's) was from our village, good friend of my grandfather, they played together in the 30's I've got a photograph of the three brothers and a cousin who all went North but came back in the sixties. Ted was also the captain of the great Britain league team that his brother also played in, he donated the official team photograph to our fishing club as it wasn't allowed to go to the rugby club back then

Suppose the soft coal made easier work 😁 quite a few came up to play rugby, Ted Ward (Renowned Wigan Captain in the 40's/50's) was from our village, good friend of my grandfather, they played together in the 30's I've got a photograph of the three brothers and a cousin who all went North but came back in the sixties. Ted was also the captain of the great Britain league team that his brother also played in, he donated the official team photograph to our fishing club as it wasn't allowed to go to the rugby club back then
There are over a dozen coal seams in the Wigan coal field . The swallower ones “ brassy being one “ are gaseous and many disasters have resulted in working these there is one seam named the Cannel coal . This burns so hot that house wives avoided buying it as it burned the bottoms out of their grates !
here Billy Boston . The legend . He is still alive and well, as is his wife ! 8BDCE257-A2CD-482C-A648-EA20C823C15A.jpeg

Latest posts

Back