Sting Kit for Apiary

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In addition to some anti-histamine ointment, I find gin and quinine (tonic) water quite therapeutic.

I think you've recommended gin before lol, as a cure for wasp paranoia ;)

If it wasn't you, then I'm sorry......but a stiff drink certainly sounds like it would work :rofl:

Thanks for everyones suggestions, I am off to the pharmacy to stock up. Might add some of those cooling patches to help deaden the pain as an idea.

A stiff drink is always required after a bee sting and I would always recommend a couple of doses before visiting the hive and a couple afterwards just to make sure even if you have not been stung.

I find swearing helps as well so long as there are no small children or ladies about!

I think you've recommended gin before lol, as a cure for wasp paranoia ;)

If it wasn't you, then I'm sorry......but a stiff drink certainly sounds like it would work :rofl:

I may well have done. I find gin helps most situations (or, in extremis, a bottle of Veuve Cliquot '88).

Gin and tonic deadens all pains...

Such wisdom here; I have been trained with epipens as I was a teacher so I may try to get one as we do have family with severe allergies through not yet proved to bees. I do know I react badly to stings so you can tell I must be crazy to have taken up beekeeping.
I have also put up a sign near my apiary - not sure whether it is wise or not but I noticed my local association's had a sign and it seemed sensible. In theory, no strangers should enter my apiary; it is at the bottom of the garden edged with hedges and trees - but we live on the outskirts of a town and dog walkers take dogs down the lane and sometimes they run off and I've seen the owners chase after them. Neighbours are fully aware. What are other views re signs? I haven't put a sign right at the bottom next to the field as the hedge there would mean there's be a real battle for anyone to get through.

I think out of sight out of mind
but saying that a member E-bay PERSONALISED-BEWARE-BEES-HIVE-GARDEN-SHED-SIGN-/170534147008
do them:party:

Back