Still working

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BILL.HEARD

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Today at 14:00 sunny 5c.

Bees working late salvias, Elegans and Leucantha for nectar.
Also out of the blue worker bumble loaded with pollen on the same plants, very late in the year for bumbles, gone before I could get a shot of it.

Hi Bill, been nice and sunny up here as well, still collecting pollen from the ivy, also saw a bumble bee and plenty of wasps still around, good to see all of them busy foraging when they can.

Cornish Amms out working Fatsia... sort of mock castor oil plant?, today... NZs all in tight clusters... eating all the stores I gave them no doubt!

Hi Pete,

A couple of shots in the mountains of Corfu in late September, the beekeeper keeps around 70 stocks on his land, works them on double Langstroth and seems to extract as and when required from the top B.C.
When I was there they were working ivy and second flowering of Rosemary.
They hadn't had any rain for three months so most nectar sources had dried up, but when I got there it had just started with the autumn rain so he was very happy.
Most varroa treatments centred around formic acid and also some form of fumigant administered with a smouldering taper that was inserted into the entrance, he showed me how it was applied, it didn't seem to interfere with normal working.

Hi Pete,

A couple of shots in the mountains of Corfu in late September, the beekeeper keeps around 70 stocks on his land, works them on double Langstroth and seems to extract as and when required from the top B.C.
When I was there they were working ivy and second flowering of Rosemary.
They hadn't had any rain for three months so most nectar sources had dried up, but when I got there it had just started with the autumn rain so he was very happy.
Most varroa treatments centred around formic acid and also some form of fumigant administered with a smouldering taper that was inserted into the entrance, he showed me how it was applied, it didn't seem to interfere with normal working.
My daugher worked in Corfu last summer, and brought back some local honey. Amazing stuff!

Latest posts

Back