spraying the himalayan balsam

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hedges are either flailed too much or at the wrong time of year or not at all.
hedges should only done be once in two years and then in jan or early feb.

Jan and Feb may be the ideal time for the hedge, but not necessarily for the adjacent field, which is often waterlogged and vulnerable to damage from heavy machinery.

Jan and Feb may be the ideal time for the hedge, but not necessarily for the adjacent field, which is often waterlogged and vulnerable to damage from heavy machinery.

good point!

not nessiarily. i nice phone call to the council saying you have noticed a lot of mortality in your bees since the DAYLIGHT spraying incident and could they please spray FLOWERING plants in the nightime same as everyone else is suposed to do BY LAW. should put some turd sideways in them and you have even been reasonable.

What law?

I've just seen Bristol city Council spraying the himalayan balsam with round up with clouds of bees over the flowers as he sprays.

I was told the council 'have to be seen to be doing something' when I showed the sprayer the exploding seeds that will survive the spraying and winter.

Its just my bees are missing out on some winter feed.

Just an observation.

What part of Bristol were they spraying ? as mine are still bring in the pollen

What law?

i do apologise i understood there was a law in the uk which said open blooms should not be sprayed.

in ireland when a if your bees die from spray poisioning and you can prove what did it you can take a personal claim against the sprayer.
this is mainly based on spraying while blooms are open but also based on the beek making themselves known to the local farmers for advanced warning about spraying. but it is my understanding a few cases have been won on just the open bloom alone.

however i couldnt find any such activitys in the uk i do apologise for misleading anyone.

Latest posts

Back