Spitting nails

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystil

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Walked to work on Monday and pasted my car. Some B******* has keyed the car all down the side.

Not impressed. Think it was some bleep who was drunk coming back from the pub and decided it would be a fun thing to do.

Gonna cost £500 to get it properly fixed. £130 for a bob job.

Not worth the hassel and money as knowing my luck they will do it again just as a laugh.

Whats the world coming to, that you cannot leave your car outside your house without it being vandalised?

Don't mean to be heartless but you're almost lucky if this is the first time it's happened to you. I'm afraid it's a hazard of everyday life, and has been for some years, wherever you live.
And don't think it's a class thing, Mine has been keyed on the street too, but the worst cosmetic damage my car suffered was several years ago when it was parked in a secure area of a posh South Coast marina, and the bonnet was scarred up by someone using it to rest their heavy gear on while loading their boot.
Sometimes people are inconsiderate or worse, unfortunately that's life!

Sometimes people are inconsiderate or worse
I came back from a day trip and noticed some oik had nicked the repeater light on the passenger side - the indicator that some models have in the wing when the ones front and back are hard to see from the side. Could only have been when it was in a supermarket car park for an hour or so.

It was carefully unplugged so clearly intended to be reused although getting it out left a scratch on the wing. They just needed a spare part and took it, they're around 20 quid new from the dealer including VAT, a fiver from a car breaker. I can't decide if that's worse or better than inconsiderate; maybe just different.

I had it done to a brand spanking new BMW 325i. I put it down to jealousy of the neighbours. I didn’t want it to be sprayed down one side as the car was only 8 weeks old and you may have seen a shade difference a few years down the road. I made the insurance company put the car back to BMW for a total respray

Car Park Spares - as a student in the late 70s I knew someone who did that regularly to keep his mini running. No CCTV back then.
Keying is a gutless crime and expensive to make good - a few years ago the wife's GTi was sprayed with a silver anarchy symbol as was the adjacent house door in Brighton - lucklily came off with thinners and elbow grease without lasting damage - scummers!
My (company) car was hit by a runaway trolley in Tescos (there's a steep one in Eastbourne) - needless to say they denied all responsibility although it's a known problem there and there are no disclaimer signs. Company car so didn't fight it too hard but will always park at the top of the slope now...

R2

I got up early for work,when employed.Got in the car and all the way to work could not figure out why something looked out of place.Then i got it...........They nicked my windscreen wippers !

No consolation.... nasty thing to damage someones property!

M8 of mine in Stockwell SW London .. a good few years back..
Parked his brand spanking new Suzuki Mini Pandora Box Van outside the Hope and Anchor... or was it the Hoop and Grapes, in Borough High Street.... proudly invited us all to look at his immaculately fitted out mobile tool box... pity he had not fitted locking wheel nuts ... the van was up on bricks!
The meeting we were attending... Master Locksmiths Association !

No consolation... rotten, nasty thing to damage someones property !!!

Don't mean to be heartless but you're almost lucky if this is the first time it's happened to you. I'm afraid it's a hazard of everyday life, and has been for some years, wherever you live.
And don't think it's a class thing, Mine has been keyed on the street too, but the worst cosmetic damage my car suffered was several years ago when it was parked in a secure area of a posh South Coast marina, and the bonnet was scarred up by someone using it to rest their heavy gear on while loading their boot.
Sometimes people are inconsiderate or worse, unfortunately that's life!

We parked and went for a ramble. After we returned and got our boots off we sat in the car while we had a small snack. Another group of ramblers returned while we were eating and some actually sat on our car chatting amongst themselves.

They looked like reasonable, polite people - certainly not yobs - but they weren't polite after we sounded the horn. :D :reddevil:

Yes maybe we are lucky to have it happen to us only the once. Gotta laugh at the antics of some people really or you will be crying.

Just gutted as we have only had the car 6 months. I would not have minded if they had done it to our old beat up Van. Nobody would have noticed the scratches againsts the dents and rust.

Oh well.

We parked and went for a ramble. After we returned and got our boots off we sat in the car while we had a small snack. Another group of ramblers returned while we were eating and some actually sat on our car chatting amongst themselves.

They looked like reasonable, polite people - certainly not yobs - but they weren't polite after we sounded the horn. :D :reddevil:

I had something similar happen to my last car when it was only a few weeks old.... Came back to the car to find a group of walkers with their lunch, maps and bags spread out over my car. I used the remote to open it as i approached and all they did was (with ill grace) move a little to let me get at the door. They didn't even attempt to move their stuff when I started my car and stared at me for inconveniencing them. Needless to say i had a chat with them and they failed to understand why i might be annoyed at their actions! I did point out that if they didn't move their kit I would drive off and if there were any marks on my car I had taken note of the name of the walking group (it was on their fleeces and on a leaflet on the bonnet of my car) they would be receiving correspondence from my solicitor. The photograph i took of them as i walked back to my car was the icing on the cake!!

Ramblers do seem to be some of the most inconsiderate and rude people on planet earth. We have a footpath near the house, and all of the dog walkers say "good morning" if we are at the top of the garden. Large groups of ramblers occasionally go though, faces fixed to the ground, ignoring any salutations.

As to the car, the solution is an old Land Rover. Aluminium chequerplate on the bonnet and wings turns it into a convenient shelf, standing platform or workbench. Scratches and dents are "patina" rather than damage.

Ramblers do seem to be some of the most inconsiderate and rude people on planet earth. We have a footpath near the house, and all of the dog walkers say "good morning" if we are at the top of the garden. Large groups of ramblers occasionally go though, faces fixed to the ground, ignoring any salutations.

We have two crossing the bottom of our field with the apiary in: two stiles in one country one side, nothing on the other side (different country, different rules) as ownership of the fence not clear and County Footpath person due any time (bush telegraph). Cutting the single barbed on the top we tolerated even though it was used for vaulting bullocks on occasion.

The day the Footpath person came the other week someone had sliced a large rectangle (twice the size of the dog paddle now waiting with official stile to be fitted) in the bottom (luckily we don't have the field full of lambs...but could have). He said it was criminal damage. It is.

Even here in the middle of nowhere cars and bikes vanish. Bush telegraph says that a house a mile or so from here the other week had the back door of their shed jemmied, motorbike taken out and lifted over a large silage clamp (complete with tarp and tyres) and two field fences. Urrghh.

Sorry to hear about your car, but crime is rising everywhere :(

Last edited:
three weeks ago our rd (about a mile or so long)had the gracious company of a group come down our rd after the pub just about every wing mirror bent back or broken off until they got to ours when the mirrors were done and the honey sign outside was also thrown at the car several times dents on most panels then they scarpered the only reason it was the road was because my sons was on the drive while he saved up for a deposit on a house the next week or two i stayed up to wait for a repeat performance with a caterpult and marbels to get them on there backsides from the roof alas they have not returned as of yet but still waiting let you know if they do

Sorry to hear about your car, but crime is rising everywhere :(

Up here oil tanks are being raided, commercial and residential.....doesn't matter.
Our nearby farm had 2000 litres stolen the night it was delivered.
Tank padlocked but the b*****s just drilled a hole in the bottom of the tank.
Plod said that the thieves could have been in and out in 10 minutes!!!

i think the plod are telling you porkies more like 1-2 hours 2000ltr (500gal) i remember draining one off into jerry cans so we could shift the tank it took ages

i stayed up to wait for a repeat performance with a caterpult and marbels to get them on there backsides from the roof alas they have not returned as of yet but still waiting let you know if they do

Use pebbles or gravel not marbles, too traceable.

i think the plod are telling you porkies more like 1-2 hours 2000ltr (500gal) i remember draining one off into jerry cans so we could shift the tank it took ages
Maybe not.
I have a 1000 litre tank and it takes the tanker 5 minutes to fill it .....

Maybe not.
I have a 1000 litre tank and it takes the tanker 5 minutes to fill it .....

With a pump and a quite big bore hose. I doubt thieves in the night would have such a size of hose, risk the noise of a pump and be able to couple to a hole drilled in the tank.

A hole drilled in a tank to me suggests draining the fuel off just by the run off into containers.

a drill takes upto 13mm drill bit about the size of your little finger compare that to the hose on the tanker mmmmmmm ;)

Well my neighbour had his tank drilled with a core drill.
My step daughter is a plod and she tells me some thieves have specially adapted vans to hold the fuel.

Latest posts

Back