Spam mail

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike a

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Between 17-20
Is anyone else getting spammed with emails from a Bee keeper trying to flog his cardboard boxes for a supers?

I'd love to know how my email address made it onto his mailing list and how to get off his mailing list short of replying to him which validates my email address in the first place.

:toetap05:

No, but cardboard supers sound bizarre... I have to say I'm intrigued now to see how cardboard can be appropriate?!

Is anyone else getting spammed with emails from a Bee keeper trying to flog his cardboard boxes for a supers?

I'd love to know how my email address made it onto his mailing list and how to get off his mailing list short of replying to him which validates my email address in the first place.

:toetap05:

Your ISP may be able to do something. Mine is PlusNet and they can for certain.

No, but cardboard supers sound bizarre... I have to say I'm intrigued now to see how cardboard can be appropriate?!

It is a wooden stand and a cardboard box with a cellophane window for single BS shallow frames. For marketing, for display, for breakfast apparently. A mere snip at £4.95 a piece (!).

I've no idea where he got my email address - Bee-L maybe?

He doesn't arrange collection from a welsh car-park - with bees he has never seen does he? I seem to get loads of those...

Is it JBC online?

they had the stand next to Thornes at the NHS last year and were displaying just he apimaye type poly hive and these retail display boxes for full supers of comb.

Use 'mailwasher'- its free and chucks out at source- you choose who is friend or blacklisted

Go into JUnk mail options and block the domain and the sender, then you won't get them!
Louise

Report them for sending spam mail.....Its actually illegal.

Not actually illegal, and reporting may have some limited success, but really the best option is to try and block it through a 3rd party tool such as mailwasher mentioned previously or your email client

Ok all of the above is good advice.

Now for the bad...

Is the mail from an individual trying to flog his kit...is there a web site of his you can visit? It will have some mail contact or telephony contacts on it.if he is real.

If you have politely asked for your details to be removed and have been ignored then sometimes, just sometimes, realising spam cam be a two way street is useful.

Obviously, polite behaviour is best and often you may need to be patient to allow people time to address your request.

However, you could repeatedly send him emails asking him to acknowledge your removal request. If this lands in his real mailbox he would be fool to ignore it. You may need to change the subject and times you send it. It is surprisingly effective, especially if you mention the Opt-in rules for marketing and your escalation path to have him investigated.

Telephone calls are equally effective. Remember he is probably not a pro spammer so he hates spam too.

Sam

Last edited:
Report them for sending spam mail.....Its actually illegal.

Actually, with about 200 countries connected to the internet, it would be some law that applied to them all!

Try googling your email address - it may show where it was found

Jc

Latest posts

Back