Spacing between hives

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Careful. I used pallets in the first instance. They rotted pretty quickly, 5 years and they were gone
Good point, ok...do you mean the legs rotted...or the actual supporting timber on the pallets? I’ve screwed in metal legs, so hopefully should be ok, ta.

Careful. I used pallets in the first instance. They rotted pretty quickly, 5 years and they were gone

Plastic pallets laid straight on the ground are serving well so far( 3 years now).

Concrete blocks and decking works for mine, you can have whatever height you like ,cheap and cheerful
S

Plastic pallets laid straight on the ground are serving well so far( 3 years now).
I'll be more than happy to get 5 years out of the pallets before they rot. Easy and free to replace.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I'll be more than happy to get 5 years out of the pallets before they rot. Easy and free to replace.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It's the not knowing what it'll cost you when they fail that's the issue.

For migratory work not so handy so...

2.2m x 150 x 18mm. Cut to suit the diagonal of your hive, cut two lengths, half notch each with a75mm x 20mm notch so they are level when joined and there you go. Cheap as chips, the timber should be pressure treated and they will very likely see you out.

PH

Back